Sunday 8 June 2014

2014 Favorites: Outwear

Sure, sure, we probably won't need a lot of jackets or coats in summer. As I write this, the temperatures outside have already hit the limit of what I can bear and I am dreading the heat during my upcoming vacation in Italy. But in between these days of generous sunlight, there are also a few rain breaks. And just in case that may happen, you will need some kind of fashionable outwear in your warderobe. If all else fails, keeping it for autumn would be an option too.

Here are my two favorite jacket styles for 2014:


1. The Sleeveless Trench Coat


This is definitely a must have and can be worn in many different ways. It doesn't hide but rather accentuates what you wear below. It looks classy with a tight, long sleeved dress and high heels.


Or casual and relaxed with a wide t-shirt dress and chain necklaces.

 

I personally like the pastel colored ones best.





2. The Oversized Blazer



This is a great style which I have noticed in korea for quite a while already but it hasn't been until recently that international stores such as Zara have incorporated it into some of their collections aswell. I still haven't seen one which can compare with its korean counterpart but I hope this style will catch on and become more popular internationally in the near future.



In pastel or in classic black and grey, the oversized blazers quickly give you a professional look while being more feminine and fashionable than their short original. I'm honestly not very fond of blazers and don't find them very flattering when I am fighting off some weight but love them in coat length when they can hide a little tummy after a generous dinner portion.


Here is where I found the coats in the pictures and where you can buy them for this season:

Beige Sleevless Trench, CHUU 



If you want to order from these websites, you can use the shopping service SEOUL FASHION, I have used it just recently to successfully order a few swimsuits and they have a huge list of stores which they can get clothes from and ship internationally. Read their website for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment