Friday 30 May 2014

Facial Mist Magic! Spa In A Bottle.


After watching a recent episode of the new korean tv show Roommate in which Park Bom praises her miracle facial mist (Hwang Whoo Yeon Mist, apparently it sold out, she really did a great job advertising it), I became curious and decided to try one for myself. I'm a bit doubtful that a spray could actually make your face smaller but I do believe that its a very helpful skin care booster and I like the idea of refreshing your face during hot days or long trips.




There are all kinds of facial mists with different effects. Depending on the effect you are looking you can choose a simple mist with only minerals and water for a quick refreshment or improve your skin with sprays that have added oils and vitamins. But mostly, finding the perfect facial mist is a round of trial and error.


As my first facial mist, I chose Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief (what a long name!) from CLINIQUE.




It is completly oil free, contains active aloe and a lot of moisture. It softens the skin, hydrates it and restores balance. I can easily use it the whole day, whenever I feel like my skin needs a refreshment, even on top of my make up.

I used it at home right after buying it and the feeling is so nice, like a quick spa fix, that I can already feel myself getting addicted to it!

I don't use a lot of moisturizer during my daily skin care because my skin tends to become too oily afterwards. My two main worries about using the facial mist were

1. My skin becoming oily due to the moisturizing qualities
2. My make up smudging

But instead of making my skin oily, the facial mist actually helps to balance it out. It is definitely something I can recommend to every skin type. Also, my make up didn't smear ever a little bit. Just like the description I read promised, the spray helps in setting the make up and keep a fresh look throughout the day.

I'll be looking forward to using the spray during long flights, hot summer days and pretty much all the time, every day!

1 comment: